Friday, May 24, 2013

walking around

I found myself walking around the house and yard with the camera the other day. I stepped over a sleeping 9 year old sequoia sleeping in a ray of sunshine to find this precious moment. A girl that found a (my) favorite spot in the house to read a book  so good she couldn't put it down...and her puppy very willing to snuggle in her stillness. I tried my best to not disturb and capture the magic.



I continued on, following my nose...the campfire smell was coming through the window. And there was a boy and his dad, piling wood just so, lighting matches and poking the fire as everyone loves to do. Again I tried my best to just watch...and not disturb.

Walking back into the house to put the camera away and join my lovelies by the fire I caught a glimpse of the weeping peach tree Jeff and I planted in honor of our 12 year anniversary that just passed.

I am overwhelmed...and I am the luckiest girl.

1 comment:

marjory said...

Your peaceful moments brought tears to my eyes. You Are the luckiest girl!!!