Wednesday, October 15, 2008

cold mornings = warm heads


Knit for Paris came to fruition today. I let my 3rd grade students pick out a hat that they would love and wear. I only had one request...that if they picked one they would wear it. All 26 students now have a beautiful new hat for the cold months ahead and huge smiles on their faces. There are a few hats left over that I will give to siblings tomorrow.I am going to continue to knit and hope to be able to do this again with my next class.

Words cannot describe my gratitude
Thank you to,
Evelyn
and Mom

3 comments:

marjory said...

Lucy, what a great picture and how lucky are your kids that you took on such a project! Evelyn's work is so fabulous!! She has always been my inspiration.

kelly de vries said...

Well, I'm a little embarrassed to send my hats, as they are not near as beautiful as Evelyn's and your mom's! However, I do have three here for you, if you still want them. I don't have your new address (I can't believe that!), so if you'll email it to me, I'll mail the hats. Thanks for posting the picture!

Sutter Family said...

I am so glad that worked out and I would love to help out with next years project! I will get my sister on board too. What a cool thing to do for the kids!