Sunday, February 7, 2010

my sweets

It has been on my mind that my little girl is turning 7 in a few weeks.7...it just doesn't seem like that little bright brown eyed baby girl is now my curious and inspiring little girl.
Ryan amazes me everyday. She is shaping into this wonderful and beautiful girl. It is so fun and amazing to see those glimpses of what her future holds. We have always called Ryan strong willed and that has stayed true. She has a real sense of herself and what she thinks (good and bad). I always want my little girl to fight for what she wants - just not with her mom all of the time! The more she grows, the more she is her daddy's girl. She has a love for food. Almost daily either Jeff or I comment on how she is so very much like him based on what she chooses to eat. She cooks, tries everything and has incredible fun in the kitchen.


She is also turning into quite the swimmer like her dad. It is a love of hers that I can see already. She is and always has been very comfortable in the water.
So as much as everyone says that Ryan looks so much like me...all I see is her dad.




I am so eager for her to grow, change and learn...I just wish she would slow it down a bit. I say this as she is actually reading this over my shoulder!
Jeff and I are so proud of our little girl - our almost 7 year old little girl and who she is growing up to be.

please excuse Jeff...it was Vesta Dipping Grill's 6th annual mustache festival last night. An amazing party, great mustaches and beautiful generosity... all donations benefiting the Make a Wish Foundation.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Seven!!! How did that happen. I still remember hearing of Ryan's birth while I was sitting in an airport on my way home from California. I was so happy and excited to meet her. When we finally did in May of that year, I couldn't get enough of her, she was so precious, and still is. What a wonderful little girl!

marjory said...

Lucy, you look fabulous in the hat. Wear it well; it suits you! Love Mom